Politecnico di Milano (www.polimi.it/en)
Politecnico di Milano is a scientific and technical university of national and international relevance, training engineers, architects and industrial designers. It is one of the most prestigious universities in Italy.
DEIB, Department of Electronics, Information and Bioengineering (www.deib.polimi.it/eng)
DEIB gathers together teaching and research activity on Electronics, Automation, Informatics, Telecommunications and Bioengineering. Information and Communication Technologies emerge among its activities.
HOC-LAB Hypermedia Open Centre (hoc.elet.polimi.it)
HOC-LAB is a research laboratory of Politecnico di Milano and part of the Department of Electronics, Information and Bioengineering (DEIB). Among its various activities, the technology-mediated learning in its various forms has a place of high relevance.
HOC-LAB is a multidisciplinary laboratory, integrating different skills for basic and applied research works. Activities focused on technology-supported learning include:
- Creation of technological tools to support learning and of new pedagogic-teaching formats;
- Coordination of national and international research projects;
- Distribution of eLearning services in 18 European countries (plus Israel and USA) involving to date over 5000 teachers and 100,000 students;
- Development of design methodologies and analysis of educational experiences;
- Publication of over 100 research articles in the field, in prestigious national and international settings.